Monday, May 4, 2009

A Definite Date

Now that I look at the title, imagine me with a big toothy grin spreading from ear to ear. I'm not talking about the beginnings of a new relationship 'a definite date' but one of the six practical steps to wealth. I've been thinking about those compensation plans with the legs-you know strong leg, weak leg. Someone on my team was giving a training on compensation plans and I realized that I'm sure glad I got into network marketing when I did and with the company I'm with. I mean it can get kind of confusing with all of the stairstep breakaway, Aussie 2-up, matrix, pyramid, and binary-that's it! It was the binary plan. Excuse me if I'm rambling but I'm the kind of personality that gets easily distracted-that's why I needed to commit to a definite date.

My definite date is September 17, 2014, God willing on that date several things will happen. One, is that I will turn 45 years old. Two, I will have achieved my financial goal. Having the definite date makes it real as well as helps my mastermind group hold me accountable for my progress to get to that point. If not, I could easily get distracted by the latest and greatest income opportunity offering a turnkey, 'just enter your name and e-mail', 'we'll do all of the work', 'the industry has never seen before'-dare I say it? SCAM. So I've got a checklist which consists of action, self-improvement, upline accountability, proven system, and conference calls. I have a personal mentor that is not bending me over, er um-I mean charging me for their experience of what works in network marketing-how cool is that?

I don't buy leads, I don't sign up for affiliate programs, no cold market calls, and no friend and family recruiting. So what is my job in my mastermind group? Participate. Yep that's all they'll give me right now. But little do they know, I'm in business with them, and I'll be moving on to the things that I excel at-just as soon as I figure out what they are-just kidding. Obviously I'm good at not knowing everything, especially about products. My company has amazing products! Haven't tried all of them but what I have tried are top notch quality. I can let you in on a little industry secret-ALL MLM's have good products-yessir it's true as I'm blue. Blue as in my dominate personality color-not blue like I just maxed out my credit card on the latest get rich quick pyramid scheme. All of this stuff, the training, mentoring, definite date, all of it has come in trade for my most valuable asset-my time. Otherwise free, er um I mean priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment