Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Definite Plan: Network Marketing

Who is the ultimate network marketing guru? Well, I am absolutely positive about one thing, it depends on who you ask. I am definitely a wannabe in the MLM industry. Just yesterday I added a new friend on Face Book using the friend finder application. And I added a man named John Fogg, no big deal right? It turns out he's a writer who has been in the industry for many years. Still, I had no clue as to who he was before asking him, "What do you contribute to this fine world?" I will remember his response for the rest of my life...his response was a priceless gift to someone standing in my shoes. Someone once said something that now has finally made the longest journey any human can experience, from their head to their heart. And that statement was, "Most people are as successful as their five closest friends." Needless to say, I'm making new friendships with successful people because working in a university is not my vision of being successful-no offense to anyone working in higher education.

I am confident I am becoming the person who success can deny no longer, and without the use of superstition, affiliate scams, or magic MLM superstar potions. So how to go from wannabe to mentor, to leader, to successful in network marketing? Being coachable, having goals, a definite date for those goals, and a definite plan. Simple, but not easy-a price has to be paid. And that price is action. What's even more difficult for me is asking for help. A wise man once told me, "you can't use the problem to fix the problem." So if I'm going to make any significant progress it will be by continuing to learn from others. And who better than successful others? It has been very helpful to follow directions, and build quality relationships sharing ideas to help each other. That is where My Loving Family comes in. That's not what they call themselves, but it's the family I have chosen to align myself with and grow with into the person that truly is a servant leader in all areas of life. My upline models this, My Loving Family models this, my new friends model this, and I model this from this day forward in all my affairs.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Eric!

    You have the Plan ("Success In 10 Steps"), you have the MasterMind Group, which you call your "Loving Family," and you have the Burning Desire.

    See you at the top!

    Kathy Moffatt
    http://MentorsBreedSuccess.com

    ReplyDelete