Sunday, April 19, 2009

Traffic, where are all the people?

I spent some time last night following some suggestions for target marketing, which entailed creating an account on a service called Traffic Swarm. If you've never checked it out, it's interesting to say the least. As with any other online business they have a 'pro' version or a 'free' version or its equivalent. The free version allows for you to activate your account by simply browsing ads for home based business, network marketing, multilevel marketing, income opportunities, passive income, wealth, wellness, lead generation, you get the picture.

So as I went through and checked out the different sponsored/listed sites I got to thinking about how many people are looking to create income opportunities on the internet. There is definitely an aggressive market for working from home, firing your boss, residual income, completely automated-you don't have to do ANYTHING! opportunities. Wow, nothing? Really? I was raised by a single mother and didn't have my father a part of my life due to alcoholism, so there was not a lot of money to buy luxuries like nice clothes. This is something I am extremely grateful for today.

I wanted a few things that my mother couldn't afford as a teen and petitioned the great State of Texas for a working permit at 13, which they granted with conditions. My first job other than chores was working for Arby's a sandwich shop. I don't remember much about the day to day stuff but do remember the people involved. I know that it was during that first job that I really started to form an understanding of what I would do for the rest of my life-helping people.

So as I clicked through enough links to activate my account on Traffic Swarm I got to thinking what am I doing here? What will I write that hasn't already been written? And it dawned on me that all of these superstars with their turnkey, recruit...recruit...recruit!, replicated websites, scams, and automated downline builders-where you NEVER have to call any PEOPLE! I came to a realization that it is about the people for me, it's about hearing their hopes, their dreams, about their experiences, their children, their successes and failures.

I had a man once ask me if I wanted 10 years of success, right now? And being at a low spot in my life I said, "of course!" And he told me two of the most important things I have ever heard. He said, "first you will miss all of the miracles along the way. And second if you didn't have to work for it, then it won't have enough meaning to fight to keep it flourishing." I now understand about not missing all of the miracles along the way-10 years later. And I have no problem learning and working and growing to build a wildly successful, highly prosperous, fun loving and having, network marketing organization.

And I know in my heart that I could no more join an automated opportunity that adds 10,000 people to your organization before you can fall asleep than I could rob a bank, or gamble and lose someone's retirement in the stock market. I'm just not concerned with any opportunity that doesn't value the people who are willing to work to improve themselves and this world one person at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment