Sunday, April 26, 2009

MLM goals

What might you need to remember?

This is a question that a friend asked of me recently. We were talking about supplements and he was talking about a company his sister was involved in and I tuned in to find out more. Why? Cause in all honesty I'm an MLM wannabe. And once upon a time I was a wannabe in construction as well as in the concert lighting industry-but I persevered to becoming an builder and going on tour- but anyway. I guess becoming a student of the industry coupled with persistence makes success possible-at least it has for me. This awareness is golden because many people I mention my occupation to have either been burned or make reference to ponzi schemes. A quick Google search returns information on the most notorious and the man who is credited with the name Charles Ponzi an Italian emigrant to the US in the early 1900's. So as I listened I thought about how thankful I am that I didn't have large amounts of cash to lose going from one guru to another being passed around becoming a literal junkie of lead buying scams and endless failures.

Just being grateful doesn't lead to a good opportunity to help others see the reality of their superstar, heavy hitter, pushy, pyramid scheme distributors' dream killing tactics. But it does leave me in a good position to learn from the mistakes of others and really utilize the proven, duplicable system developed by the successful members of my mastermind team. The best thing about my team is that there is no 'agenda' as we represent many different companies in the field and there is never any products or companies mentioned. Just a genuine altruism, which is a refreshing motivation to continue to take action in building a successful network marketing organization. So what does this all mean to me and what do I have to remember?

I must always keep in mind what a wise man once said to me, "If it's difficult, you're doing something wrong. Step back and look for a different approach." Difficult is not to be confused with strenuous. If I am continually running into roadblocks that come from inside or from outside, I can take a breather and stop taking myself so seriously. I have no problem with learning and working hard towards a goal-provided that I can help others and have fun along the way! I mean, if it's not enjoyable why do it? The last time I checked, THIS IS IT! This is our one time chance at this life, so having fun is imperative. That was one of the first things I learned in this mastermind team, what kind of personality I have-or at least which is the most dominant anyway. Blue, blue, blue blue blue blue! And not the sad, staying inside the house on a sunny day blue. But the dream the bigger dream blue; while having fun painting the picture, helping others, and enjoying the gift of this wonderful life blue.

1 comment:

  1. Great point, Eric. Thanks for sharing this.

    Yes, having a MasterMind Group is really helpful, and the Mentoring For Free folks Eric referred to are always there to help. Best of all, it's always free & generic.

    Folks, download your free copy of "Success In 10 Steps" today and contact Eric to find out how you can benefit from his MasterMind Group as you learn to become successful and build your dreams.

    Kathy Moffatt
    http:MentorsBreedSuccess.com

    ReplyDelete