Sunday, April 12, 2009

Determination

I awoke this morning to the joy of the dog that claims me, Sanyu, just a waggin' his tail overwhelmed with the whole prospect of being alive. I imagine him saying to me, "Let's go, we're alive, we're healthy, isn't it great? Let's go!" Some might say he just needed to go outside to take care of business, but you know I get to choose and I think it's truly the former. Much like my mastermind group, consisting of hundreds of positive, like minded individuals from all over the world up to the challenge of sharing a true altruistic vision of leadership to humanity. Half-empty? Not a chance!

As I settled in last night I was imagining my network marketing organization, the people-yes the people are what it's ALL about, and I was thinking about how incredible it is to choose who you will work with. And I came to the conclusion that only positive people who firmly believe in self-improvement are the only folks I can go that extra mile for in my organization. I mean anyone can get up and go to a job with the sole purpose of earning a paycheck, but at what cost? Health? Time with family? I have always been attracted to companies with a passion for what they were contributing to the world, and then moved into creating homes for people who were living in mere houses. But my passion is people, I like meeting them, helping them, learning from them, listening to them, sharing experiences with them, and conversing with them.

I searched and educated myself and quite by chance ran into the group of people who comprise my mastermind group. I am ever so grateful. I felt like I was pushing a huge round boulder and while I would strain, and strain and make a small bit of progress the cost of moving it by myself was just more than I could handle while achieving a healthy prosperity. I will always look fondly back on this time of my life and laugh with the leaders of my organization. I've finally come to the meat of the post, determination. I turned on the music after letting out the dog and started dancing while making breakfast, you all dance while making breakfast right? Well, anyway my roommate has two dogs as well one big one, and a Chihuahua-the ring leader.

Her name is Sandy and she doesn't have the same enthusiasm as Duke and Sanyu to traipse the yard barking at squirrels and joggers in the neighborhood. Not a chance! She always looks in through the glass door at me dancing and cooking-I know she thinks, "Wow, look at those moves!" or more likely I could concede that she has a solid determination to acquire some kind, any kind of scraps. But that kind of determination has helped me overcome many obstacles and challenges to now have help with that huge boulder-there's nothing like a few extra hands on ANY task. So Sandy and I will stay patiently standing at the door to let in the next group of people who are willing to stop pushing the boulder alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment